Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving and Terrorism

In light of very recent events (and those events years ago):

Terrorism is somewhat of a perverted economics, except it's not based on a classical concept of "supply" of something we want and "demand" of getting it. If terrorism works at all, it's based on the demand of avoiding the small, but absolutely sickening, supply of fear.

I trust our country's leadership to do all they can to protect us. But, in the end, the only way to protect ourselves from terror is to remain fearless - to keep living our lives the way we want to live them, as long as we're not terrorizing others. I can't account for all the atrocities of every country, even our own, in this post, but I can be hopeful...and thankful...

Nevertheless, happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all that I have and all that I have the opportunity to gain.

-jeff

1 comment:

proto said...

hope you have an awesome thanksgiving.